Exhaustion: There’s a William Gibson novel (Pattern Recognition?) where the main character wonders about whether jet lag is when your soul gets left behind you out in the middle of the Atlantic. I suspect it happens on train journeys and after long meetings. Today, I spent two hours talking and arguing and convincing and, most of all, acting, to a room of fifteen people. Work involves so much acting. To clients, to colleagues, to yourself.
Exhaustion and pattern recognition
About Dad Who Writes (Gabriel)
I'm Gabriel M. Clarke. I write fantasy for YA upwards (and downwards) and wrestle with being a working dad. There's more on the 'About' page.
There's an email address involving gabrielmclarke and gmail and a dotcom.
"When I was younger I was a cobra
in every case I wanted to be cool
Now that I'm older and sub-space is colder
I just want to say something true" (D.C. Berman)
- A little late on the day but here’s my #fullmoon #tarotcardoftheday from the charming London Lore Tarot. Every Moon… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…, 1 day ago
- Thoughts on the Wheel of Fortune. #CrystalPalace has acquired four large #Sphinxes. Of course, to a tarot reader, t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…, 1 day ago
- @OnThisDeity So *thats* where Deep Purple lifted Black Night from., 1 day ago
- I just published a piece on the Tarot cards, the Lovers, the Devil and how they relate to Spock. link.medium.com/JOR3oqqWlX, 1 week ago
- Tarot for everyday decisions - another piece on Medium. link.medium.com/AIiq3LgfcX, 2 weeks ago
Obsessing about:art baby belief blogging Bon Iver books Borges camping Catching Fire cats charity childhood children craft Dante death Diana Wynne Jones drafting dudelet family fatherhood G.K. Chesterton gender growing up Hadrian's Walk Hadrian's wall hadrianswalk Hawkwind Hunger Games Insecure Writers Support Group Jonathan Stroud life links listening literature Little Elf London loss love me middle-age mortality music NaNoWriMo nostalgia novel novels pain parenting podcast reading religion review reviews revising sadness school science fiction solipsism Southport Supermum Suzanne Collins time management toddler Tori Amos trust walking women words work Writing ya YA fiction yoga yoga camp
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, #1)
- Tau Zero
- The Corn King and the Spring Queen (The Hera Series)
- Searching for the Sound: My Life with the Grateful Dead
- Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
- The Worst Journey in the World
- Last Call (Fault Lines, #1)
- The Wisdom of Yoga: A Seeker's Guide to Extraordinary Living